- 2 1/4 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs cinnamon powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup low fat cow’s milk
Toppings 1 tsp raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Before preparing the cake mixture, line a square, medium sized baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Next add the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup and the milk.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and spread the mixture evenly across the tin.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over the top of the uncooked cake mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 mins, until the top of the cake appears slightly golden and brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven once cooked and leave to cool prior to cutting.
Nutritional information per serving:
Energy: 823kJ Carbohydrates: 16.5g Protein: 5g Fat: 11g