Crunchy Grilled Asparagus & Eggs
Breakfast can be a tricky time to squeeze in your vegetables, but not with this recipe! Asparagus is rich in antioxidants which can actually work to reduce inflammation. Try adding crunchy asparagus next time you’re cooking up eggs and you will not be disappointed!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Serving size: 1 serving
Tags: breakfast, eggs, simple, vegetables, low calorie
- 4 asparagus spears
- 2 eggs
- 1 wholemeal English muffin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 wedge lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop off hard ends of asparagus and discard. Cut spears in half and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill asparagus until spears brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick fry pan to medium. Fry two eggs leaving the yolk semi runny.
- Transfer grilled asparagus onto toasted English muffin as well as fried eggs.
- Squeeze lemon and additional salt and pepper to taste.