Healthy Banana Pancakes
Now before you say anything, I know you’ve tried so many ‘healthy pancake’ recipes and they all taste like cardboard… BUT… after you try these I guarantee you’ll never want to go to Pancake Parlour again!! Made from simple ingredients all found in your pantry, these will make you crank Jack Johnson and make banana pancakes every weekend.
Preparation Time: 10 min Total time: 25 mins Serving size: 4 servings
Tags: breakfast, pancakes, vegetarian, sweet
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat butter
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- In a blender, blend oats until a fine flour forms. Add milk, eggs, mashed bananas, salt, cinamon, baking powder and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan to medium heat and coat sparingly with butter. Once heated, pour batter to desired size and cook until pancake begins to bubble.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake and cook other side until golden. Remove pancake from heat and cover with foil. Repeat this until all pancake batter is cooked.
- Serve with fresh raspberries, blueberries, flaked coconut and drizzle with your choice of honey or maple syrup.