Sauteed Mushroom & Tomato Omelette
If you’re someone who thrives off a big brekkie then we’ve got you covered! Eggs contain SO many amazing nutrients including Vitamin B12, making them a convenient complete protein source for our vego friends out there. There is no chance you won’t enjoy this cheesy omelette goodness!
Preparation Time: 10min Total time: 20 minutes Serving size: 1 serving
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup brown onion, diced
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup light mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice wholegrain bread toasted (optional)
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, onion, garlic, and oregano and fry until onion softens. Add mushrooms and tomato and sautee for 4 mins.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs, 1 egg white and salt and pepper. Add cheese and sautee mix and stir.
- Using 1 teaspoon of olive oil, grease a non-stick pan on medium heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan and let sit for 4 mins or until lightly cooked.
- Using a spatula, fold over half of the egg mixture to form an omelette. Let cook for another 2 mins before flipping over the whole omelette and cook for an additional 2 mins or until browned.
- Serve with wholegrain toast (optional) and enjoy.
Tags: breakfast, eggs, omelette, vegetarian