High Protein French Toast
Try this healthy twist on your old decadent favourite. This serve alone contains 25g of protein, coming in at under 300kcal per serve (depending on toppings). My favourite toppings would be with berries, sugar-free maple syrup and low-fat vanilla ice cream (got to have some naughty element)!
Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 15 mins Serving size: 1
Tags: breakfast, high protein, french toast, sweet
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 15g protein powder
- 30mL almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- 1 slice thick bread
- In a bowl, whisk egg, egg white and almond milk.
- Add protein powder, cinnamon and stevia and mix until well combined.
- Soak bread in mix for 3-4 min or until absorbed.
- Meanwhile, preheat non-stick pan to medium. Lightly grease if required.
- Carefully transfer bread to pan and fry for 3 min or until golden. Gently flip and cook opposite side.
- Serve with your choice of nutritious toppings.