Lentil & Avocado Toast
Lentils are one of the most undervalued foods despite their glowing nutritional profile! Rich in fibre and protein, these powerhouses are the perfect addition to a savoury brekkie to keep your body fuelled for the morning ahead.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serving size: 1 serving
Tags: breakfast, vegetarian, vegan, high protein, high fibre
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 cups water
- ½ avocado
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 tomato
- fresh mint to serve
- Dissolve vegetable stock in a pot with 3 cups of water. Bring to boil.
- Add 1 cup dry lentils to pot and simmer for 20 mins or until soft. Drain.
- Toast rye bread. Thinly slice avocado and add to toasted bread.
- Spoon cooked lentils on top of the avocado.
- Top with fresh tomato slices and mint leaves.