Are you sick of trying diet after diet with limited results? Do you find constantly dieting and focusing on your weight is having a negative effect on your mental health? Do you feel pressure to only eat a certain amount or be a certain weight? Do you ever find yourself binge eating or feeling guilty after eating foods that are “bad”? If you answered yes to any of these, then the Non-Diet Approach is for you.
The Non-Diet Approach is a gentle, flexible approach that moves away from focusing on weight and weight loss, and instead focuses on honouring your body and eating without guilt or restriction. It emphasizes both physical and mental health. Our dietitians are able to utilise the Non-Diet Approach to help you achieve your health and wellbeing goals, and build a healthy relationship with food.
The Non-Diet Approach encompasses: Practising mindful eating strategies Building awareness of body’s hunger and fullness signals Viewing movement as something you enjoy, instead of exercising for weight loss Rejecting the notion of “good” and “bad” foods, including all foods and breaking the binge eating cycle Weight neutrality and body acceptance
How can the Non-Diet Approach help you?
- Improve self confidence and body respect by rejecting the pursuit of weight loss, and caring for your body as it is now
- Reconnect with your body’s hunger signals to learn intuitively what to eat/how much/when
- Find food freedom and enjoy ALL foods equally without feelings of guilt or shame
- Improve overall health and wellbeing by nourishing your body and moving your body for enjoyment
- Improve mental health by accepting your body and building a healthy mindset around food and nutrition